14 January 2013

Travel Spot: San Francisco

I have had the privilege and opportunity to go on some amazing travel adventures over the last several years, and I thought I would share a few things from some of my favourite cities over the next few weeks. I will spotlight each city in a post and the challenge is to share my favourites as follows:
1. The Eatery 2. The Touristy 3. The Non-touristy

Here we go to San Francisco!
The Eatery: Mijita Cocina Mexicana
Inside the historic Ferry Building Marketplace located on the Embarcadero with fabulous views of the Bay Bridge out back is a small eatery of Mexican delight.

The Touristy: Driving over the Golden Gate Bridge
This was such fun. We picked up a Zip Car (Jason has the membership), a new 3-series BMW, and drove over the bridge and up to a park so we could admire these amazing views of the bridge and San Francisco. We watched the huge boats come in from the Pacific, and we watched the weather change every few minutes. Then I got to drive back over the Golden Gate and into San Francisco as we drove to some other well-known spots. I am not sure how I managed to get to drive, but it was quite fun!
The Non-touristy: Drive along the coast with a random stop at a hostel to steal their views
This spot was fabulous. You've got rough Pacific waters, fog, cliffs, and rocks. Since we refused to pay anything to park at the beaches, we parked at a cliffside hostel and admired the view for free. The wind and waves were the only sounds, and it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment