12 February 2013

Studying...

Oh don't mind me.
I am taking my studying to the coffee house. My favourite coffee house, Mitchell's.
Here to study the Brontë
s and reading my big Oxford companion book about them, or reading my copy of Jane Eyre and Agnes Grey. All while thinking of responses to my classmates' posts who live across the globe and creating my own thoughts to post on the forum. As I read my classmates' thoughts it comes to mind how little I know. They seem so knowledgeable  they do research, and they are well-written. It is really a great challenge for me because there is some deep thinking and analyzing of text going on here!

I love this. This back to studying thing I am jumping into. This reading I am doing with challenges and questions set by my tutor. Questions to ponder and write about. It is stretching me in so many good ways as a reader and writer.

I must say, though, how busy my life feels right now. It is full of good things for which I am so thankful. And I love being a student again. This past week we were largely discussing Charlotte Bront
ë and her classic Jane Eyre. Some of the discussions were about the suffering she endures through the book and how she had to make choices whether to act morally or to go against her beliefs. The book is sort of her spiritual journey, written as an autobiography. Indeed, the title originally was Jane Eyre: an autobiography. It is very interesting to learn more about Charlotte and how certain events and travels influenced her imagination and the stories she wrote. I love to learn about what inspires a writer, and how certain things get their imaginations running.

No comments:

Post a Comment