12 March 2013

Travel Spot: Portland, Maine

I have had the privilege and opportunity to go on some amazing travel adventures over the last several years, and I thought I would share a few things from some of my favourite cities. I will spotlight each city in a post and the challenge is to share my favourites as follows:

1. The Eatery 2. The Touristy 3. The Non-touristy

Here we are at Portland, Maine!
The Eatery: Arabica Coffee Co.
I was visiting my old friend, Emily, who moved to Maine a year or so before, and we took a day to explore Portland. To start our day off right, we went to a local coffee shop downtown. I had the most delicious maple latte! It was such a cozy atmosphere with brick walls and wood floors. Emily and I sat here and talked for a long time. This was a place I could have spent hours at, easily. 

The Touristy: Old Downtown
I was not visiting Maine during their busy season. In the cold month of December, all the tourists seek the warmth of Florida, except me. But this old street would be abuzz with tourists in the summer. When I was there, though, it was cold and quiet. And fun to explore.

The Non-Touristy: Just Outside Portland
Not far outside the city is this. Serene lakes and beautiful, peaceful nature. Of course, if I were here in the summer, this would be deemed touristy because of the flocks of people who come to this area. However, when I was here it was like I was a million miles away from crowds (and I was. They were all down in FL).


To visit San Francisco, click here.
To visit London, click here.
To visit Oxford, click here.
To visit Providence, click here.
To visit Newcastle, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment